Improvised Role Play for Training
Taking the drama out of challenging conversations
Stand out from the crowd with your difficult conversations training. Add value to your training programmes with ongoing one-to-one skills practice.
How it works
As an improv actor applying 20 years experience in business, I take on the role of the ‘other’, giving your training programme participants the chance to put learning into practice.
- Deepen the impact of your training by offering experiential learning.
- Practice more effective conversations with an improv actor.
- Opportunities for your clients to experiment with handling challenging conversations.
- The Geek Whisperer give managers, engineering professionals and customer service staff realistic practice in handling difficult conversations to improve well-being, engagement and profitability.
- Solutions Academy create coaching simulation videos for training and marketing.
- 50th Generation and Unboxed give intrapreneurs (internal entrepreneurs) realistic practice in interviewing customers for new product development using Lean Startup practices.
- Wild Monday give NHS doctors, surgeons and other healthcare-professionals in leadership positions realistic practice in handling difficult conversations to improve engagement, productivity and performance of staff.
Antony was superb at putting himself in the persona of the challenging people the training attendees had to practise talking to. It was so realistic, I personally found his ability to change from one character to the next in minutes absolutely astounding!
Antony and I collaborated on creating coach training videos together – it was a joy working with him! He picked up the role very quickly and played very convincingly. As coach, I could not detect a difference to a real client. Organizing the session was also very easy and Antony is a lovely person to work with!
Antony worked with us during an "Innovation weekender" we were running for a large corporate client. We needed someone to role play a number of different customers who were being presented with new business propositions, for example the finance director of a manufacturing company in the Midlands. I was amazed by Antony's ability to understand the role with just a moment's notice and assume a highly convincing character with great detail and nuance. It provided enormous value to our participants and I'd highly recommend Antony in this capacity.